What are the main threats to data?
There are three main threats to the information you store on your data bearing devices:
- Physical threat (Break in/theft)
- Cyber threat (Hack or virus)
- Disposal or resale
Is data protection a legal requirement?
Yes, a data controller has a legal responsibility to protect their data, as per the Data Protection Act 2018, and to choose a registered data processor when disposing of redundant data bearing devices.
In the case of a data breach, what are the penalties?
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has the power to issue penalties up to £500,000 if a business is found in breach of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
Under this act, an organisation should not discard intact customer, staff or supplier information. Certified data erasure with Blancco or physical destruction of data sensitive elements offers the most secure solution. ICT Reverse offer both these solutions.
What items do you recycle?
Click here for a full list.
What questions should I be asking when choosing an IT disposal partner?
There are certain criteria that all IT disposal partners should meet. ICT Reverse meet and exceed all of the below. Feel free to call us on 01524 580 900 if you have any questions.
- Do they have a Waste Carrier license?
- Do they have an Environmental Permit?
- Do they erase data to recognised standards?
- Do they provide detailed asset reports for all equipment collected?
- Do they hold ISO 9001 & 14001 accreditation?
- Do they hold ISO 27001 accreditation?
- Are they certified members of an accredited governing body such as ADISA?