Job Title: Warehouse Apprentice
Department: Corporate Support
Reporting to: Corporate Support Manager
Working Hours: 8:30am to 4:45pm Mon to Fri
Duties and Responsibilities:
To complete the Company training plan whereby the apprentice will spend up to 3 months in selected departments in order to complete the assignments/training selected from the optional/mandatory units agreed with Lancaster & Morecambe College.
- Booking in daily deliveries from various couriers.
- Ensuring all deliveries with AAR numbers are accounted for correctly and handed to the relevant departments.
- Keeping the department & files tidy and organised.
- Liaising with Account managers regarding deliveries or issues that need to be solved.
- Using Core to raise purchase orders for collections and deliveries.
- Ensuring all customer picked items are packed and dispatched correctly.
- Dealing with Inbound & Outbound International bookings.
Picking / Stock Control
- Picking orders daily using Core
- Packing & Wrapping orders correctly in preparation for Dispatch
- Keeping picking racking tidy at all times
- Full understanding of Core / Locations and references etc.
- Recording items into Core / PCs, Laptops, Servers & many other retired office items from AAR set by Account managers.
- Removing Hard drives from scrap units for data security.
- Removing asset tags for security purposes.
- Grading units and locating to correct pallet references.
- General housekeeping of work area and department / recycling cardboard, plastic & metal.
- Releasing full pallets ready for sale / wrapping, strapping and releasing pallet ID on Core complete with weight.
- Testing, grading and recording all mobile phones thoroughly onto Core to determine final location from AARs provided by Account managers.
- Removing batteries from scrap units prior to destruction
- Ensuring asset tags are removed from units for security purposes
- Keeping work station tidy and orgainised / Tools, spare batteries etc.
- Ensuring all required mobile and tablet devices are blancco erased that are sent from Mobile testing.
- Uploading information onto Core and locating items to correct location whether its scrap units or successfully erased, upgraded.
- Upgrading IPhone, Samsung and other mobile phones / tablets
- Replacing screens, batteries, power buttons and motherboards to revive units
- Recording upgrade / downgrade units onto Core
- Placing completed repair or scrap units to the correct location awaiting sale.
- Data wiping all laptops, PCs, Servers using Blancco
- Upgrading units / adding HDD, ram, battery etc and using Core to add information.
- Ensuring all deals are wiped / scrapped correctly and placed in relevant location.
- Data wiping HDDs on the rigs awaiting to be placed into upgraded Laptop, PC or server.
- Upgrading Servers, PCs and Apple products.
- Salvaging parts from scrap units to be either sold or re used to upgrade other units.
- To be very organised in storing important parts
- To have good knowledge in wide range of different IT units.
- Listing valuable parts onto Core using photo booth and then Ebay through Channel Grabber
E-Channel / eBay
- Cleaning, Testing a wide range of items in preparation to be listed on eBay.
- Using the photo booth to upload pictures onto Core
- Once listed the units need to be located in the racking and scanned to a location
- After Core listing the unit can then be listed on eBay using Channel Grabber
- Keeping work area clean and tidy at all times.
REEE & WEEE
- Being responsible for the safe arrival of IT / Phones delivered into the warehouse.
- Booking in the AAR with correct weight for account manager assurance.
- Removing scrap from deal
- Stacking, wrapping, labelling and locating in the racking awaiting processing.
- Using the forklift to unload van deliveries in a safe and responsible manner
- Keeping the department tidy and organised at all times
- Must have very good organisation skills
- Prioritisation of workload
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Problem solving
- Listening skills
- General knowledge of IT equipment
- Working on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.