A NEW SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE
A partnership with Circular Computing™
Compliant CSR/ ESG Report
Net Zero your old IT
A sustainable movement is crucial for us all. We understand the
importance of implementing controls and processes to improve our
Some of our steps in the right direction:
- We operate a zero landfill tolerance policy. All hardware is reused, refurbished to be reused, remarketed or recycled in line with the waste hierarchy.
- We have a close relationship with the Environmental Agency and we are audited regularly to maintain our AATF accreditation.
- All customer documentation and due diligence paperwork are sent electronically to eliminate the need for hard paper copies.
- All vehicles in our fleet are categorised as Emission Standard 6 which is the sixth (and current) incarnation of the European Union directive to reduce harmful pollutants from vehicle exhausts.
- We are currently working on 2 carbon reducing projects funded by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and delivered by the University of Central Lancashire. The projects are designed to assist companies in the local area to identify and prioritise opportunities to improve energy performance and reduce our carbon footprint.
Although our steps are in the right direction, we feel like we can and
should do more.
Introducing our partnership with Circular Computing™
What the partnership delivers:
- 5 trees are planted for every laptop of yours that goes to Circular Computing™ through our services.
- Circular Computing™ remanufacture the computers and another 5 trees are planted for every laptop sold.
- The considerable carbon, water and mineral footprint of a ‘new’ computer are avoided through the second life of a remanufactured laptop.
- Compliant quarterly reports confirming the Environmental Social Governance (ESG) outputs for you to embed into your own sustainability compliance report.
- Your old IT could become net zero if chosen to go through remanufacturing.
Why we have joined a new partnership for sustainable IT
Sustainability has become higher on the agenda for the majority of companies. Simply put, it has a focus today that it didn’t have 5-10 years ago, and rightly so.
In order to align our services to the needs of our customers, and be a pioneer within our own sector, we have elected to become a part of the exclusive ITAD Partnership of Circular Computing™.
Read more about our initiative below:
Just one remanufactured laptop makes a world of difference!
If just one of your computers is selected to go through this complete remanufacturing journey, there is a massive impact that can be accomplished for each and every laptop.
As an example, one laptop leaves your company and, through our services, it passes to Circular Computing™ and their remanufacturing process.
Already, this means 5 trees will be planted. Once remanufactured, the laptop is sold to another customer and another 5 trees are then planted.
Find out more about the Carbon-neutral laptops here.
10 trees planted for each laptop
Through our support of reforestation projects, we plant trees in the USA, India and Africa. Every laptop delivered through partnership with Circular Computing™ plants 10 trees by the time it reaches its next home.
1,200 kg of sequestered carbon emissions
By being part of the reforestation initiative which helps cool the planet, and remove CO2 from the atmosphere, your old laptop is the catalyst for this climate benefit as each tree removes 120KgCO2eq. in the first 20 years.
If this customer then buys remanufactured rather than new, they avoid the further footprint of a new computer:
316 kg of carbon reduction
Every remanufactured laptop prevents approximately 316kg (700lb) of CO2 emissions by not buying new. For just 1,000 laptops, that’s the same as taking over 80 cars off the road for a year.
190,000 litres of water saved
A single new laptop’s original manufacture consumes 190,000 litres of water for extraction, refining and production of the computer and its components.
1,200 kg of resources preserved
Second user IT preserves valuable critical minerals and prevents the e-waste from the disposal of an end-of-life laptop.
The Circular Computing™ sustainability ethos and social value
Every remanufactured, carbon-neutral laptop means:
- A certified carbon-neutral product – Through a unique remanufacturing process and carbon-offsetting program, Circular Computing™ products are all certified carbon neutral.
- Support of social projects – Help to create jobs, employment and empower vulnerable communities across the planet.
- 10 trees planted for every laptop – 5 for every laptop selected for remanufacture and another 5 at second-life. All to be planted in Africa, India and the US through our reforestation partners.
- Supporting clean energy projects – Supporting solar, wind and other clean energy projects across the world, generating renewable energy and avoiding and increase in carbon footprint.
Circular Computing™ remanufacture old enterprise-grade, leading-brand laptops and give them a new lease of life.
Every laptop goes through an extensive 5+ hour remanufacturing process and over 300-point quality check. Using selected replacement or upgraded components, fully tested batteries and a 1-3 year warranty.
• Remanufactured to international quality standards by fully-qualified technicians at a state-of-the-art production facility
• Comprehensive cosmetic detailing – refinished using selected replacement or upgraded components from e-waste where possible
• ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 accredited processes guarantee consistent remanufactured quality in large volumes
“160,000 laptops are disposed of every day in Europe alone.
70% of these laptops could be re-used, but less than 20% currently are.”
– United Nations
Carbon-neutral remanufactured laptops
If you continue to procure new laptops, you can still benefit as a company – the computers that leave your business could participate in this scheme.
However, if you wanted to look at making a bigger difference in terms of reducing your procurement costs and making greater sustainability gains, you may wish to consider adopting remanufacturing and Circular Computing™ laptops into your organisations set up today.
Leading brand, carbon-neutral remanufactured laptops, offering 97% of the performance of the latest models (from an independent study commissioned by Cranfield University) and up to 40% savings compared to brand new.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help with your sustainability goals and ESG reporting please get in touch!